Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Romo Playing Golf Thing...


Look. Romo drives me crazy too. I hated his comments after the Eagles loss. I wasn't too thrilled with his interview with Babe a few months later. It's ridiculous that he can't hold on to the football better. I don't accept the argument that the way he fumbles the ball is a necessary evil that comes with gunslinger style. A few bad interceptions, yeah, but not the fumbles. It pisses me off when he sits on the bench by himself after a bad series. I don't care if he wants to be my himself, he's the leader of the damn team and he need to act like it. He needs to embrace the leadership part of being the Dallas Cowboys Quarterback as much as he does the celebrity part.

So, I'm not immune to his flaws. Notwithstanding the foregoing (I am a lawyer after all), I will still have my #9 jersey on when I get to training camp this year and every game (preseason and regular season) this year. I think the guy does some amazing things with a football. I have seen the guy (and so have you) make some unbelievable escapes, jaw-dropping throws, and gutsy plays. The very first time we saw Romo was in a preseason game his very first year when he ignored Parcells call to spike the ball on the goalline as time was running out and call a QB sneak to himself that won the game. The 40-yard strike he completed to Witten while rolling left to win the Giants game in Giant Stadium three years ago was one of the best plays I've ever seen a quarterback make.

And while she annoys me, I do think the guy gets unfairly criticized for dating Jessica. But what really drives me up the wall is this "Romo needs to stop playing golf and concentrate on football thing."

This post from DC Fanatic covers the recent criticism pretty well and he offers a good response.

1 comment:

Abidjan said...

Nordic, two in two days. Much better.