Friday, May 15, 2009

Just shoot them.

And we're back. Let's try this thing again, shall we. In the interim, I've facebooked and I've twittered (and they have their place) but they don't exactly allow the long-form expression that serves me best (at least in my own mind).

Anyway, we watched Taken tonight and i have to say that it's refreshing to see the hero in an action flick finally do what I've been yelling at the screen for year. If they won't tell you what you want...SHOOT THEM in each of the their extremities until they talk. When they tell you to put your gun down...SHOOT THEM. When you beat a bad guy up...SHOOT THEM so they don't get up again. What a satisfying movie.

Admittedly, it was hard to watch that film without feeling sadness for Liam Neeson and his loss. What a terrible thing.

No comments: