Monday, May 18, 2009

Ranger's Fever on a Sunday Afternoon

So I was in Arlington yesterday afternoon when the Ranger's swept the Angels to take a 4 1/2 game lead in the division. Exhilerating, huh?

Well, it was exhilerating and I was in Arlington, but truthfully, I was standing outside the new Cowboys Stadium at the time staring up at it with a completely awestruck look on my face. You know the one with the mounth wide upon and saliva dripping on your shirt. That was me.
We stopped by on the way back from taking the kids to the Fort Worth Zoo. DC Girl said "The stadium is a lot bigger than I thought it would be, Daddy." I gave her a knowing nod and retorted "Yes, it is baby. Yes, it is." My pride grew when she asked if she could wake up the sleeping DC Boy to show him. Good girl.
This place is massive. I am so geeked to watch (both on TV and in person) a game played in there I can't stand it. Only TWO MONTHS to training camp! It's in San Antonio again and we are there this year.

It was also a beautiful day for the zoo (and for admiring Cowboys Stadium). The kid's loved it, the weather was perfect and we got there early so we avoided most of the crowds. We decided that DC Boy is destined to become a zoologist. He's obsessed with animals, particularly those that appear in the Madagascar movies.

And two additional bonuses. First, we also got to have lunch with some of our favorite Fort Worth residents, postmodermethodist (Yes, I stole the name from him) and his family. Second, it was the first road trip in the new car. Check out a picture above--it's not the real thing but it looks like that one.

No comments: